The foundation stone laid for the project and the building of the National Records and Archives Authority (NRAA) at the Airport Heights in Muscat Governorate. The project is considered to establish a state-of-the-art cultural designation, a civilizational accomplishment and a scholarly and institutional edifice of Oman’s blessed renaissance. The cornerstone has been laid marking the start of construction of the complex - a building of about 80,200 square metres (sqm) that will be constructed on land plot of 400,000 sqm, to the tune of RO 147.8 million. The project seeks to promote cultural, literary, theatrical and research activities through the enhancement of relevant programmes aimed to expand the scope of engagement in highlighting Oman’s cultural heritage and exploring the country’s accomplishments. The complex will provide services to scholars and researchers. It will help organize cultural events and programmes to develop vistas of cultural action that will focus on Oman’s history and cultural identity.
The Ministry of Sports signed an agreement to set up the main building of the scheme to the tune of RO 147.8 million. It will occupy an area of 400,000 sqm. The agreement was signed with a consortium of two companies.
Construction work on this new architectural showcase is expected to commence by around mid-November, 2023. A sprawling site in Airport Heights, that begins from next to the Ministry of Labour and extends northwards, has been allocated for the iconic project. Spanning a built-up area of around 75000 sq metres, this is billed as the new cultural district of the capital region. At its heart is a trio of sumptuous structures planned around an expansive central square. As a cultural destination in its own right, the complex will also house facilities for art and culture in the form of art galleries, lecture halls for literary events, display areas, and so on. Thousands of date palms and indigenous trees, grown all around the complex, will add a verdant element to the setting. When completed by early 2027, the new complex will complement the capital city’s growing list of modern architectural marvels, such as the Royal Opera House Muscat, Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, the National Museum and the Majlis Building.
Saif Al Harasi Group in partnership with Sembol Construction has been awarded the main contract in this project at a cost of RO 147.8 million.
The Tender Board approved the construction of this project envisaged as a national cultural centre, a total of RO147.8mn was allocated for the complex. The project consists of three main buildings – National Theatre, National Library and National Archives – in addition to eight other buildings. OCC is a long-cherished project to create a landmark for art and culture of international scale, dedicated to collect, preserve and exhibit Oman’s past and present. It is envisaged as a vibrant space to present live contemporary art and culture and as a link connecting local and international knowledge and cultural industries.
Bids are still under evaluation for the main contract on this scheme.
Bids are currently under evaluation for the main contract on this scheme.
Bids have been submitted for the main contract. Bidders include:
Saif Salim Essa Al Harasi AND CO LLC
International Construction Development Company SPC
Galfar Engineering And Contracting SAOG
Al Adrak Trading And Contracting
Modern Building Leaders
Larsen And Toubro Oman LLC
Oman Shapoorji Company L.L.C
Altasnim Enterprises LLC.
Tender closing date has been extended from the previous deadline of January 10, 2023.
Tender closing date has been extended from the previous deadline of December 29, 2022.
Tender closing date has been extended from the previous deadline of December 21, 2022.
Tender closing date has been extended from the previous deadline of November 21, 2022.
Companies who have purchased the tender documents include:
1 Strabag Oman L.L.C
2 Altasnim Enterprises L.L.C
3 Larsen And Toubro Oman L.L.C
4 International Construction Development Company Spc
5 Al Adrak Trading And Contracting
6 Saif Salim Essa Al Harasi And Co L.L.C
7 Oman Shapoorji Company L.L.C
8 Douglas Oman Holding International
9 Dawood Contracting Llc
10 Al Nahdha Al Omaniah Co Llc
12 United Gulf Construction Company W L L
13 Services And Trade Company Llc
14 Galfar Engineering And Contracting Saog
15 Abuhatim Co Llc
16 Modern Building Leaders
17 Gharbia Enterprises Est
18 Redco Construction Al Mana
19 Alghanim International General Trading And Contracting Co Wll
20 Oasis Grace Llc
The client invited the tender to selected Contractors who will be required to carry out the specialistdesign, procurement and construction of works associated with the realisation of the Oman Cultural Complex (OCC) project. This new development by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Youth aims to establish a national cultural centre in Muscat aspart of its strategy to preserve history & tradition, provide knowledge & competency and promote cultural & artistic innovations.
The OCC is a long-nourished vision by His Majesty Sultan Haitham to create a landmark location for Art & Culture of aninternational scale:
*As a dedicated place to collect, preserve and exhibit credentials of Oman’s history and present
*As a vibrant space to present the live contemporary art and culture
*As link to local and international knowledge and cultural industries
*Provide an inspiring environment for Oman’s capital Muscat, the nation, and the region.
This classic archetype ensemble, but with buildings of exceptional contemporary architecture, has a build-up area of approx.73,000sqm and is embedded an Oasis like walled garden with parking and recreational areas. The location for this iconic landmark cultural complex is in Muscat, Al Seeb, plot 37 next to the Ministry of Labour - South of Sultan Qaboos Highway and opposite the Muscat International Airport development. It is spanning over 400,000sqm landarea between the service road Maaridh Street in the North, the airport feeder road in the East and 99th Street in the South.
The whole complex will be set in fully landscaped gardens with parking, water features and an open cultural plaza. The centralurban square of 150 x 150m length covered with colonnades carrying the canopy and encompassing a main water feature inthe middle. It is framed by 4 nos. smaller L- shaped Facility buildings which host a dedicated cinema, an arts club with anexhibition gallery, a children’s library and food & beverage outlets catering for the physical well-being of user and visitors ofthe OCC. These four buildings framing the central square lead the visitor like gate ways to the three main prominent andprestigious public buildings of National Theatre, National Library and National Archives.
The National Theatre will comprise a 1,000-seat main auditorium and a 250-seat flexible auditorium; the National Library willbe a 20,000 sqm five-story building; and the National Archives partially open to the public, will include nearly twenty kilometresof archival shelf-displays.
* National Library – Reference Library, Lending Library, Manuscripts, National & General Collections.
* National Archive – Offices, workshops, and magazines
* National Theatre – 1000 seats main + 250 seats flexible auditoria
The Oman Cultural Complex is unique as every building will stand alone yet - contextually be integrated all under one knittingroof by a musharabiya canopy cover to create a unified urban entity The scope of the Works comprises the design of the whole of the Works (Design and Build form of Contract), procurement, manufacturing, fabrication, supply of components and systems, full coordinationof site works, management, interface management, site management, responsibility for time, quality, risk, health and safety, obtaining all approvals from relevant authorities in order to carry out the Works, full supervision, construction installation, quality assurance, testing, commissioning, handover, maintenanceand taking over of the Works.
The Contractor’s scope of work shall include the following:
- Obtain the Building Permit, all statutory approvals, and all required licenses to operate theWorks.
- Comply with Statutory Regulations.
- Provide all residual design.
- Comply with health, safety, security and environmental regulations and Contractrequirements.
- Provide all fabrication and installation drawings.
- Provide all temporary works calculations, drawings, method statements and the like.
- Provide Method Statements of Works.
- Produce technical and material submissions.
- Submit quality assurance documentation.
- Provide samples, mock ups, and prototypes.
- Provide interface management for coordination between the subcontractors, manufacturers,suppliers, and other contractors.
- Provide full scheduling and programming services.
- Construct the Works and perform full supervision of all the Works.
- Perform all management services.
- Coordinate and supervise all work by Subcontractors and Nominated Subcontractors.
- Protect the Works at all times throughout construction.
- Provide for all temporary facilities and utilities.
- Attendance for other contractors.
- National Records & Archives Authority (Oman)
- Address :
- Pin : 482
- City : Al-Athaibah 130
- Telephone : (+968) 2449 2835
- Fax : (+968) 2449 5933
- Oman : Modification Works for Replacement of Chillers & Ahu at Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex at Bausher.
- Oman : Construction of a commercial & residential building comprising of a ground floor and 6 additional floors.
- Oman : Construction of (122) villas.
- Oman : Construction of (122) villas.
- Oman : Supply of Create a Canopy for Vehicles.
- Oman : Maintenance Work for Residential Building.
- Oman : Removal, Supply & Fixing of Antistatic Vinyl Flooring in ICU.
- Oman : Supply and Installation of AC Unit.
- Oman : Providing Consulting Services Related to Design and Supervision to Supply Special Furniture for the Two Vip Halls in the Ministry Building.
- Oman : Consulting Services Works (Design and Supervision) of Hydrotherapy Building.